|Up a level|
A game for face-to-face tutorials that involves sentence creation, vocabulary repetition, listening and reading.
Revision on colour and time (conversational breaker) Focusing on Getting from A to B Giving advice when someone is unwell.
• Using basic Elluminate features • Getting to know your tutor group • Practising tones • Expressing numbers • Exchanging basic greetings
Activity of making sentences by arranging characters.
Tutorial plan - to practise how to ask 'choice questions' by using 'hai shi'
Talking about the languages one can speak Talking about things one can or cannot do
practice simple food and drink names; how to order simple food and drink.
To talk about how many people in the family, and family member's professions.
To practise how to express likes and dislikes of different sport activities.
• Comparing people and things. • Talking about that something has changed. • More greetings
• Talking about weather. • Using comparative sentences in the negative form and talking about things or people that are the same.
• Talking about going to places. • Asking about how to get things done. • Using verbs ‘to go’ and ‘to come’
• Talking about means of transport. • Expressing doing things in a sequence. • Using 怎么 to talk about how to get things done.
Large numbers Commenting on prices and bargain Distinguish between 能 and 会
Talking about opening and closing times Asking about time with 什么时候(when) Verbal phrases as attributive
Talking about what happened and did not happen in the past Asking and answering yes-no questions about the past
Talking about foreign currencies and changing money Expressing ‘not only … but also’ Talking about things that you’ve run out of
Talking about distances between two places Talking about how, when and where a past action occurred
Asking about and describing the manner of an action Describing how long and how many times something is done
Talking about parties and inviting people to parties Describing attitudes about the time (too early or too late)
• Talking about an action in progress • Describing two actions at the same time • Talking about and asking for help
• Talking superlative • Expressing ‘when’ in a time clause • Talking about the immediate future
• Talking about giving gifts to friends. • Practicing using verbal phrases as attributives • Talking about interest • Describing drawbacks
• Talking about past experiences • Sentences with 过 in the negative • Asking and answering questions about past experiences